Greece Kids Projects are a great hands-on way to learn about one of the richest civilizations on earth. You can get a number of ancient Greece project ideas suitable for children of different age groups. Some are undertaken as a class activity while some others can be treated as solo projects also. You can choose any aspect of the Greek life.
Ancient Greece Projects for Kids
These include the polity, society, economy, art, games, weapons, clothes, food, architecture, myths, gods, inventions and many others. If you are looking for ancient Greece project ideas for a group of children, you can divide them into groups and distribute the topics so that they get a complete and detailed picture of the ancient Greek civilization.
Some ideas about ancient Greece Kids Projects:
Before you embark on ancient Greece Kids Projects, you will have to teach the children the basic facts regarding the Greek civilization and culture. With this groundwork, you can choose different projects to work on.
- If you are dealing with quite small children, you can have storytelling sessions. Actually, nothing quite equals the thrill of the Greek mythology. As you introduce the different mythical creatures, you can also bring art projects to actually make these creatures in class. You can make the templates and ask the children to join them together, rather like a jigsaw puzzle. Some sites on the internet can help you with forming the templates.
- For the more adventurous groups, there are some advanced ancient Greece project ideas. You can use stuff like Crayola model magic to create pottery or other artifacts of ancient Greece.
- You can get the kids to make typical Greek ornaments like snake bracelets.
- What about the food of ancient Greece? You will be able to find quite a few recipes of ancient Greece in the relevant books and over the internet. Create a Greek menu with ancient Greece foods with a team of older children.
- You can find guidelines for making a variety of Greek objects like the toga and body armor and even the model of the ancient loom. They make for exciting ancient Greece project ideas.
- You can create Kids Projects folders on different aspects of Greek life. You can ask the children to compare with modern life. For example, compare the Greek polity with modern democracy.
Further ancient Greece project ideas for children:
Several books, websites, and teaching aid materials are available which can give you ancient Greece project ideas for different age groups of children. For example, why won’t you try to make one of the early communication devices of Greece like reflecting sunlight or the water clock? If you have children interested in needlework, you can get exciting ideas about creating Greek costumes.
Ancient Greece Kids Projects idea
Here is a more elaborate ancient Greece project idea. You can ask the children to make a board game out of ancient Greek life. Each child has to frame a certain number of questions about life in ancient Greece. These ancient Greece projects for kids will create a much more lasting impression upon the young minds about this great civilization.